My Visitors

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Crochet for a cause

Tonight, I am starting my project that I have been wanting to start all summer, but have been too busy to do.

Having worked in several jobs working with children, I have seen too often in the winter months, children going out to recess, and coming into school without hats, scarves, gloves, or even coats. Seeing them shiver and their exposed hands and ears grow red with the cold tugged at my heart, and so this year, with my new acquired skill of crochet, I am going to be starting a project in which I will make hats and scarves for kids who will need them this winter. Whatever I cannot make with crochet, I will use a percentage of my earnings from my Etsy shop towards purchasing coats and gloves.

Do you have a fantastic crochet pattern for mittens or gloves? I'd love to hear it, mail it to me at mjeversoll@yahoo.com :)

I work for a low socioeconomic status school's CLC program, of which all the donations will be made to. I am excited to surprise all the kids with bright and colorful, stylish new hats and scarves! :)

You can help too! 25% of every purchase made at my shop will go towards supplies to make the hats and scarves, as well as funding towards purchasing other winter clothing necessities to donate. Plus, a 30% off coupon towards your next purchase of any one lovely will be yours!

I will also be installing a Donation button, compliments of PayPal, in which all major credit cards will be accepted, and all donations, big or small, to go toward this very good cause!

Do you crochet or knit? If you have any winter-wear that you'd be willing to part with, message me or e-mail me, and we can talk about donation!

So... those are my thoughts on my project... for now.

I will be purchasing a large tub to put all the donations in, and taking pictures of its contents over the following months to show the progress I'm making!

First hat will be a turquoise hat, perhaps with white trim? Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment