My Visitors

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Crochet Marathon

Slowly and steadily, I am adding to my collection for the Crochet for a Cause drive. Almost done with my second hat...



And here is one I made earlier today!


I'm thinking I will make more solid beanies for little boys, and flowery, stripey hats for little girls. I have to admit that the little girl hats are a little more fun to make, athough sometimes, I just want to crochet without having to switch colors. Either way, I am happy to be contributing to this drive.

I sometimes worry about making enough hats and scarves to donate before it gets too cold, especially since I will be pretty busy with school. But thankfully, my boyfriend's mother, who taught me how to crochet, is helping me out! She already has a box half full of donations, what a sweet lady! :) Her patience and dedication is inspiring, especially when I have difficulty in gathering up enough motivation to start or finish a project.

I got a new quilted crochet bag from my sister to tote all my yarn in, it's ADORABLE! Like some people who never leave the house without a book, in case they get stuck somewhere and need something to do, I have this bizarre need to carry lots and lots of different yarn with me. This is what I brought, just for the weekend!



I will be taking different kinds of donations for this cause until mid November (this might change, depending on how many items Mary and I can make).

Yarn is much appreciated! Any worsted weight, colorful variety, preferably not Red Heart (it's a little too scratchy) or other scratchy varieties (like wool). Cotton and acrylic work just fine, nothing too kinky, oober fuzzy, or stringy. I know, I know, VERY picky, but I have to be able to work with it easily and quickly, so it can't be too hard to work with, and it has to be soft!

Do you crochet or knit? If so, I'd love any donations of hats/scarves/mittens/gloves or other warm winter clothing. No donation is too small, if you can only spare a hat or a scarf, I will thank you over and over!

Don't crochet or knit? Can't afford much? I will also take gently used child-size winter clothing that you would like to put towards a good cause. Contact me at mjeversoll@yahoo.com, and we will work something out!

Ok, back to crochet, thanks for reading everyone!

<3>



No comments:

Post a Comment